6th Grade Social Studies Syllabus 2016-2017
Quarter One: August
· Overview of curriculum, expectations, procedures
· Reading Strategies for Social Studies
· Foundations of geography and economics
· Early civilization: Mesopotamia and Egypt
Quarter Two: October
· Ancient India and China
· World Religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism
· Ancient Greece
Quarter Three: January 6
· Ancient Rome
· Early Christianity
· Middle Ages: Rise of Islam and the Crusades
Quarter Four: March 24
· The Renaissance
· Protestant Reformation
· Early Civilizations in the Americas
1. Show up on Time--- On time means in your seat and ready to work and learn.
2. Be prepared---Always bring your classroom supplies which include; pencil, pen, notebook/binder, homework folder, and homework.
3. Complete assignments- Always complete all homework and classwork.
4. Respect yourself and others---Be respectful to the teacher, classmates and yourself.
5. Follow Teacher Directions: Always follow you teacher's directions.
These rules are to be followed at all times. These rules are included with school policies.